Reports to: Solar Project Manager
Type: Full Time, Hourly
Salary: $19 – $27 / hourly
American Solar & Roofing, the original solar installer in Arizona, is looking for experienced installers to join our Residential Solar installation division. If you have at least 1 year of experience in residential solar and want to work for a company with over 20 years in the solar industry that respects you and your work, apply today!
We are a small, family-owned company that treats our employees like a team, not just a number. The right candidate will be reliable, committed to craftsmanship and eager to learn and grow in your career with a stable team of support. Must be able to work well with others, have a passion for renewable energy, and a rock-hard work ethic. Our company is rapidly growing, and we are looking for the next generation of future leaders to join our team!
What we offer:
- Experienced, supportive leadership actively working to train and skill up their employees
- All safety equipment provided at no charge
- Paid travel time to/from the job site in a company vehicle
- Local jobs within the greater Phoenix area with minimal out of town travel
- Dedicated operations department to pick materials and load/unload company vehicles
- Install schedule set 1-2 weeks in advance
- Two weeks paid vacation time
- One week paid sick time
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
- 401K Program
- Life Insurance
What we expect:
- 1 Year minimum experience in residential rooftop solar installation
- Team Player Attitude
- Growth Mindset – willingness to learn new things and accept feedback
- Electrical experience/certifications are a plus
- Salary range is based on level of experience within the residential solar installation industry
What we require:
- Physical fitness (as outlined in our Physical Requirements) is a condition of employment. Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs is required.
- Ability to climb a ladder repeatedly throughout the day, no fear of heights, and stamina to withstand high Arizona temperatures. Dexterity and balance are a must!
- Standing, kneeling, reaching, laying in awkward positions and climbing through attics is the norm. Moving from a squat position to standing is required up to 100 times per day.
- Execute all safety precautions and requirements without fail
- Ability to work diverse hours and travel overnight as needed
- All candidates must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
- All candidates must be willing and able to pass a drug test and background check
- Solar Installers are required to provide their own hand tools