Director Of Construction Operations
Reports to: Integrator/COO
Type: Full Time, Salary
The American Solar & Roofing (AS&R) Director of Operations is a member of the Leadership Council and is responsible for overall planning, coordination and execution of operational activities for the Company, including the Construction, Operations, Design & Engineering and Service departments. The Director oversees and manages all facilities, infrastructure and materials used by the company in the performance of its daily operations; oversees design, permitting and utility interconnection processes utilized by D&E, and supervises the O&M activities of the Service Department. The Director is responsible for defining and implementing policies, procedures and best practices in the areas of responsibility assigned to the Operations Group. Additionally, the Director will engage other Leadership Council members in the development and management of the company.
Qualifications – Required:
- Education: B.A./B.S. degree or higher in Business or a related field
- Management of personnel, facilities and vendor relationships; professional design; practice management; customer experience management – minimum 2 years
- Residential construction management experience – minimum 2 years
- Working knowledge of electrical systems
- Solar construction management experience a plus
- Control, participate in, and manage the construction backlog.
- Meet regularly with members of construction management team to review project details, and crew performance schedule/production rates.
- Oversee and anticipate direct labor manpower resources against production rates and construction backlog.
- Ensure proper/adequate communication between the construction group and other groups.
- Mentor and develop Project Managers to ensure maximum development.
- Report construction related costing metrics to ASE management such as, MH/kW installed.
- Understand the fundamental clauses of all construction contracts.
- Attend executive team meetings.
- Work with HR to interview, hire, and promote as required to keep up with the production rates.
- Manage and develop vendor relationships and supply agreements.
- Manage warehouse staff.
- Oversee purchasing and inventory control.
- Oversee management of AS&R’s asset tracking and inventory management systems.
- Oversee AS&R’s vehicle fleet, including acquisition and disposal of vehicles.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Forecast and order major system component needs based on AS&R’s construction schedule.
- Assist in the development and implementation of AS&R’s annual budget.
Design & Engineering
- Oversee permitting/engineering contractors and/or staff.
- Oversee management of project approvals and permit tracking systems.
- Oversee management of utility interconnection and system commissioning procedures.
- Develop and oversee AS&R service dispatch practices and procedures.
- Forecast department needs based on service growth projections and goals.
- Manage and develop service partner relationships with fleet system operators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze systems and policies in a variety of operational areas.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English (other languages a plus).
- Be proficient in MS Office, Inventory software and other computer programs.
- Must be able to unravel complicated situations and provide a clear and understandable description and guidance about those situations.
- Self-starter who can work effectively, patiently and pleasantly with other staff, business interests and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and work within pressing time constraints.
- Willing to work odd hours.
- Must be organized, thorough and conscientious, able to efficiently control office work.
- Able to successfully and positively manage staff.
- Solid and proven decision-making skills.
- Professional in representing the company.