Reports to: Director of Construction
Type: Full Time, Salary
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
The American Solar & Roofing Warehouse Manager is a member of the Operations Team. He/she is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing Warehouse activities for the Company. The Warehouse Manager ensures the warehouse and its contents are orderly and secure; and oversees material staging, manages the fleet of company vehicles, coordinates facility maintenance, and assists with project material procurement.
- Shift is from 5:00AM – 2:00 PM and is flexible with season change and may cover other shifts when needed
- Supervise warehouse staff and help maintain a safe working environment
- Ensure warehouse, yard and facility are kept clean and orderly
- Ensure and verify project materials have been pulled and staged accurately; and missing materials have been communicated to the procurement team.
- Quarterly inventory counts
- Coordinate daily with Warehouse Associates on loading and stocking construction trucks.
- Clean, maintain, drive and fuel heavy equipment, as well as perform light maintenance such as batteries & oil changes
- Oversee warehouse opening and closing, cover opening/closing shifts when needed, and communicate Operations team absences to HR
- Process orders using inventory software with minimal errors
- Manage shipping and receiving activities
- Maintain a good working relationship with co-workers
- Physical Requirements (see below)
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs multiple times a day
- Ability to operate a forklift, drive heavy trucks, and operate power tools
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year experience working in a warehouse or construction yard
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and ability to obtain DOT Medical Card
- 21 years or older (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)
- At least one year experience using a powered lift truck
- Ability to travel in support of regional facilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English (other languages a plus)
- Self-starter who can work effectively, patiently and pleasantly with all stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and work within pressing time constraints
- Willing to work odd hours
- Solid and proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead employees with positive motivation
- Strictly adhere to American Solar & Roofing safety guidelines
Requirements Continued – Physical
Overview: The American Solar Warehouse Associate position is a demanding and sometimes hazardous profession which is designated as a safety-sensitive job. Safety-sensitive jobs require specialized training and physical qualifications in order to reduce the risk of injury to oneself or others.
Strength: For good reason it is a requirement of the job that one be reasonably strong. Many items in the warehouse are heavy and must be lifted in order to get the job done. Examples:
- Solar Modules – Range from 35 to 50 lbs and are shaped like table tops (approx 40”x60”). There are no handles; one must be able to lift the weight by grabbing across the short side. They are often lifted overhead or to the side and may be lifted up to 10 times a day.
- Inverters & Equipment – Range from 45 to 150 lbs. lifting from ground level to chest height in order to load a truck is a regular daily activity. A 70 lb inverter would be the maximum weight that an individual would be required to lift to chest level. Inverters weighing more than 70 lbs require two people.Flexibility: Warehouse employees must be extremely flexible for many reasons. An individual who is not flexible will be predisposed to strains and injuries. Reaching and stretching are a constant of the job. Climbing in and around vehicles, loading material and picking items from pallet racks require reaching and stretching.
- Temperature Extremes: Working an eight to ten hour day inside a warehouse where temperatures range from 120 degrees F to 30 degrees F can be challenging. At these temperatures, there are physiological limitations to one’s physical and mental ability. Therefore, warehouse employees are required to possess physiological attributes that allow for sustained performance in hot and cold conditions.
This is an overview of the Warehouse Manager position. More detail will be provided during the formal interview process.