Superintendent

Reports to: Director of Construction

Type: Full Time, Hourly

Salary: $25.00 – $27.00 Per Hour

 

Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment, complex jobs, and helping customers have the best experience possible?

Are you self-motivated & highly organized, with a strong attention to detail and skilled at juggling competing priorities?

Do you enjoy working in residential solar and making a difference in improving the future of the planet one house at a time?

Do you thrive on leading, training, motivating and inspiring success in others?

Then this job may be just for you!

American Solar & Roofing is the original residential solar and roofing company in Arizona and we are thriving and growing! We need a Superintendent to help us manage our solar install and roofing projects. American Solar & Roofing has been providing superior workmanship, customer service, and the power of choice to Arizonans since 2001. We are driven to lead the industry in high caliber, residential solar electric and roofing installations. We are looking for individuals to join our team that bring with them a cooperative attitude, student mentality and strong desire to make the world a better place. The Superintendent is responsible for providing daily logistical support to the Project Management and Warehouse teams. The Superintendent is charged primarily with delivering job site materials and/or tools as needed, assisting with construction inspections and system commissioning, and helping to maintain PM dedicated fleet vehicles. When needed they will also support the warehouse team. This position requires 80% of time to be spent in the field and the remaining 20% in the office. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.

Responsibilities:

  • Coordinate with Project Managers and Operations to deliver missing job materials and/or tools to the job site as needed; may require purchasing equipment in route.
  • Attend AHJ construction inspections as necessary, document inspection approvals and upload approvals to company server, notify PM and Contracts Administrator of inspection approval.
  • Support field staff when an extra hand is needed
  • Upon receipt of Permission To Operate, turn system on and notify PM and Contracts Administrator that commissioning is complete.
  • Perform minor fixes on jobs that need quick repair (mudball fix, tile replacement, electrical fix)
  • Provide additional support as needed by Project Management team. · Represent the company in a professional manner to AHJ design reviewers, inspectors, utility representatives and customers.
  • Enter crew timesheets and submit to HR, ensure the Senior PM has approved prior.
  • Project administration including utility checklist, Final Acceptance forms and managing PM photo documentation.
 

Qualifications Needed:

– Minimum of 1 year experience in residential solar in one of the following areas: construction’ design or service

– General knowledge of solar PV system operation, roofing system, construction methodologies and project administration

– Clean driving record with safe driving habits

– Strong skills are required in each of the following areas:

  • Verbal and written communication
  • Read and understand construction documents, including electrical diagrams
  • Ability to accurately document daily activities
  • Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce

– A high level of dexterity, balance, and coordination is required

– The ability to withstand extreme temperatures in the work environment is required

-Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. is required

What We Offer:

  • Benefits Package with Blue Cross Blue Shield & Delta Dental
  • Paid Sick and Vacation time
  • A dedicated company work vehicle assigned to you
  • A supportive environment and focus on internal culture to support you, your work and your customers
  • Ethical leadership, a strong customer service team, and experienced installation crews and service technicians

submit your application

Our Human Resources team will review And reach out to you.

Click or drag files to this area to upload. You can upload up to 3 files.