Solar Crew Lead
Reports to: Solar Project Manager
Type: Full Time, Hourly
Salary: $25 – $30 hourly
American Solar & Roofing is looking for EXPERIENCED team players to join our Solar Division. If you enjoy construction and want to work for a company with over 20 years in the industry that prides themselves on mutual respect, learning, and top-notch customer experience, then this is the job for you! The right candidate will be reliable, eager to be a part of a growing team, and knows how to motivate and inspire others to achieve excellence. We are based in Phoenix and serve the entire state of Arizona.
What you will be tasked to do:
- Manage all electrical connections on the residential solar system (AC & DC).
- Direct the Construction Crew to stay effectively and efficiently on task – lead, challenge, and motivate your team.
- Coordinate all job sites task and safety requirements with Roofing Supervisor upon arrival to job sites with multiple teams.
- Complete all required reports neatly, accurately and on time.
- Upon completion of each day’s work, make sure job site is fully cleaned and that all work meets workmanship standards. Check in with the Project Manager and property owner (if available) prior to departure.
- Hold others accountable to high performance standards.
- Heavy focus on training crew members on both AC and DC electrical – above and below roof.
- Strong focus on safety and holding crew accountable to all safety procedures per OSHA and AS&R IIPP (Illness & Injury Prevention Program)
What we offer:
- Full Benefits Package with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Paid Sick and Vacation time
- A supportive environment and focus on internal culture to support you, your work and your customers
- Ethical leadership, a strong customer service team, and experienced installation crews and service technicians
- Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate if applying from out of state
What we require:
- Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of AC and DC electrical installation is required (above and below roof)
- A valid driver license and clean driving record are required
- A broad comprehensive and fundamental knowledge of PV installation is required (above and below roof)
- Strong NEC and Roofing code knowledge is required
- Physical fitness is a condition of employment required to meet job expectations, including a high level of dexterity, balance and coordination.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures in the work environment is required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs is required
- Solid writing skills are required
- Solid reading comprehension skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Strong organizational skills are required